#15 Johns Hopkins-57, Marymount-41
JHU (4-2) • MU (4-2)
Arlington, VA • Converse Family Fieldhouse
• The Short Story:
-ranked Johns Hopkins men's basketball team held host Marymount to just 31.8 percent from the field en route to a 57-41 win Sunday afternoon in non-conference action.
How it Happened
• Both teams got off to a slow start as the game was tied at nine with 9;16 to play in the first half. Senior Daniel Vila
scored on a bucket in the paint to spark a 9-0 Blue Jay run, in which four different players scored. Sophomore Conner Delaney
capped the run with a layup at the 2:41-mark to put Hopkins up 18-9.
• Ladarius McCord hit a pair of free throws to pull within seven, but a Delaney jumper and a Joey Kern
three from the corner put the Blue Jays up 23-11 at the break.
• The Blue Jays came out of the locker room with a 9-5 spurt, punctuated by a Delaney triple, and it was 32-16 with 15:05 to go. The teams traded buckets over a five-minute span and Hopkins led 38-21.
• McCord drained a three-pointer to ignite a 7-0 Saints' run that trimmed the Blue Jays' lead to 10 with 8:45 to play. Delaney ended the Marymount run with a three of his own, that capped a stretch of 12 straight points for the guard. Senior Joey Fitzpatrick
then hit back-to-back layups, followed by a Harry O'Neil
free throw and just like that the lead was 18 with 6:17 to play.
• Marymount could get no closer than 15 over the final six minutes and Hopkins grabbed the 57-41 win.
What it Means
• Hopkins improves to 3-2 all-time against Marymount with its second straight win in the series. Two of the Blue Jays' three wins have come in Arlington.
• The 41 points are the fewest by a Blue Jay opponent since a 52-39 win over La Roche in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on March 2, 2018.
Inside the Box Score
• Delaney led all scorers with 18 points, while Vila had nine points and four boards. Kern had a team-best seven rebounds to go with six points.
• Steve Etienne led Marymount with 10 points and a game-high nine rebounds.
• Hopkins is back at Goldfarb Gym on Thursday, November 29 as the Blue Jays host the 13th
-ranked Swarthmore Garnet. Tip-off for the Centennial Conference contest is slated for 7:00 pm.